Official Sometimes its just easier

Discussion in 'Sapphire News' started by xLRDx, Feb 16, 2018.

1. xLRDx

xLRDx
    Expand Collapse
    Behind The Scenes Guy
    Owner

I wonder what that title could mean. Especially coming from someone who is rarely on anymore. So lets go ahead and just get going on with what this topic is even about. Its simple; when we first started this server up it was a place to give the yee old members and new members of UMC a place to go. It was started by some of the oldest players myself including even though i took a bit of a leave. The idea was to give us all a place to still have that amazing community that we all liked. It was made in hopes of growing the community and in some ways we did but we did also lose a lot of long time players weather it be for school, family, or just moving on. That is just the facts of life and communities like this.

So what the hell are you trying to say LRD?!?!?!?!

Simple it is with sad news that we have decided to shut down the Minecraft portion of this community, it may return down the road or it may not. All of of us are getting into streaming so we may use it to host those servers who knows. That being said we want to at least give you fair warning of when this is happening and what to expect. So to keep it very simple i am just going to go list it in bullet points.

• Shutdown of MC is expected to be around the end of March
    • I have decided to go ahead and honor the choice of releasing this map and the previous as downloads.
    • The site will remain up so you all can communicate, link up etc. (It may however go down so we can revamp it a bit)
    • What about my money i spent. Unless you purchased longer then a month you should be fine as I have disabled future purchases for now.

Once again we are sad to do this but we feel it is in the best interest for us the owners and the community. All of our Social Media, Discord, TS will be active still so feel free to hang out there.

2. ApocryphatheCreep

ApocryphatheCreep
    Expand Collapse
    Members

Can you include a link for download when you get the chance. Thank you, the server has been fun and best of luck with your future endeavors
    -Timm

3. Legacy_of_Madara

Legacy_of_Madara
    Expand Collapse
    Members

4. Zato The Cat

Zato The Cat
    Expand Collapse
    Members

Why must this happen, this was the one server I play, I abandoned all others to use this one server.

5. TheDinosaur_xox

TheDinosaur_xox
    Expand Collapse
    Community Oversight
    Owner

Its not that we want to close down the server, and the community will still be alive on the forums and on discord, we just dont have the money or time to keep it going. The 4 of us have thought about this for a while. We've all played since pre-alpha and jumped server to server, community to community. You may have noticed the lack of Red Names in game, I know for me i stopped playing minecraft because i didnt want to hate it. Most of our staff are 20 or older so we don't get as much time as we used to to sit down and manage/play video games. Some of us have children, some of us have full time jobs, some of us are working on our streaming. These things add up.

Believe me when I say that we are sorry that it has to come to this, but we do hope that you still stay a part of the community and are open to the idea of Sapphire Dimensions going from a Minecraft Server, to a Gaming Community.
    We are still family, we always will be.

(please keep in mind, all rules still apply. So that means no advertising different servers. We will grant a place via the forums where you can announce where you will be moving to in the last week of march)

bomber150 and AndrewChicken like this.
  6. Zato The Cat

Zato The Cat
    Expand Collapse
    Members

thank you for the explanation, if I had the money I would try and host it for you, but even with connections inside the industry, which would only be a small change, server equipment is not cheap. I could try old equipment (which is dirt cheap, cheaper than modern computer components), but that still is not cheap enough, I wish you all best of luck in the future, and I hope to see you all become big names in streaming.

7. RiplyGamer

RiplyGamer
    Expand Collapse
    Members

This is the only sever I've ever known... and now it's going away. I'm going to miss this place... and I will see you all elsewhere. I understand your choice, and I fully respect it. I'll be around, if anyone like myself needs a shoulder to cry on...

bomber150 likes this.
  8. Zato The Cat

Zato The Cat
    Expand Collapse
    Members

*crys on riply*

9. Instantaneøus

Instantaneøus
    Expand Collapse
    Members

Well
    im dying and im dying more because of the shut down of this server
    Anyway, I'm going to miss this place so much. I use to play other servers for super long periods of time, but since the 7 months I've been here, the playtime I've played on those has gone to 5 hours to like 20 minutes. Heh. I know for sure @Manic_Miner666 remembers this, I spent 14 hours in one day playing this,, heh Manic threatened to temp ban me. That was funny.. I've made so many builds on this server, some good.. some just total pieces of trash in all honesty, and seeing what riply, kev, zato and all the other amazing builders on here, has inspired me to build.

Miller and I are going to miss this place so so sooo much, and even though we've fought on the server.. it sorta feels like playing with miller on this server has brought me closer to her.

I remember starting out here. I was a total noob to minecraft.. I remember BARELY passing the test, Manic was my "teacher" to the test I was taking. Epic was the one who welcomed here and Badger.. heh this is my favorite memory here.. Badger spawned 100+ pigs because I said "I need porkchops!!" I was lagging, and Laughing so hard after that, I had told miller to come here and we had immediatly become attached to here. I'm going to miss this place so much, Not just the server but all of the community, it was safe here, and I felt comfortable talking to people.
    *sniff sniff*
    I was planning to build so much, but that idea got shut down. oh well!! Atleast I've gone to 1k to 50k in a matter of 7 months!

Goodbye SD, Goodbye everyone! let's make the last months we have together, the greatest!

---Ruby the name-changing piece of trash<3

Manic_Miner666 likes this.
  10. Instantaneøus

Instantaneøus
    Expand Collapse
    Members

oops i made a lot of spelling mistakes

11. EPIC_Warrior

EPIC_Warrior
    Expand Collapse
    Staff

I'm going to miss SD. I have played almost every version of Minecraft. Mobil, Xbox, and PC and I have to say PC easily became my favorite because of this community. I have spent a year and a half only really playing on this server and I don't know what I would have done if I did not see the SD server address on MC Forums, decided to log in, and join. Just looking out of that little window by spawn for the first time, seeing that massive spawn build, and Manic saying, "Hi welcome to Sapphire Dimensions," I knew then that this would be a place I can hang out in and most importantly have fun. I made so many friend ships, builds, enemy's, and even learned some important life lessons along the way. This community is truly outstanding and give me easily the best MC experience ever.

So what does this all mean, well all things come and go. Nothing last for ever, and don't take this as an emotional speech because I truly mean everything I said. This was the best MC server ever.

So all I want to say is...

Thank you! :)

12. Potato_Wings

Potato_Wings
    Expand Collapse
    Members

What can we do to stop this?

13. AndrewChicken

AndrewChicken
    Expand Collapse
    Members

This is unfortunate... but I can see where you guys (the owners) are coming from. We've all had amazing memories and moments on this great server, whether we've been here for years like myself or only for a few months. However, like I said on the post where I announced I was leaving this server - all good things must come to an end. After playing a Minecraft for so long, one can't help but burn out on it and find it to be more of a hassle than an inspiring and exciting experience; I can relate to this firsthand. That time seems to have come for the long-standing members of SapphireDimensions, but this only means that the Minecraft server's time is up. The most fundamental part of SapphireDimensions - its outstanding community - will still thrive, just no longer on Minecraft but perhaps a different game or even multiple games. I, for one, am excited to see how our community can grow outside of this game. Perhaps we could move to a variety of games, like Warframe or Ark!

Let's not think of this as a sad moment in the history of this community, but as an opportunity to grow into something even bigger and better than what it is right now. Minecraft is just a game - a tool to interact with the community, which is what really matters. While it is a pity that the server is going down, we are only losing a small fraction of what makes SapphireDimensions truly awesome.

Also I'm really excited to finally get that old world map download :D

EPIC_Warrior likes this.
  14. odrews_Alchemy

odrews_Alchemy
    Expand Collapse
    Members

well it was fun while it lasted... k bye

15. Manic_Miner666

Manic_Miner666
    Expand Collapse
    GameMaster

Sad but there it is. I have been here before, so won't wax too lyrical. I have accepted SD as a wonderful little annex to my life, and I will miss the interactions between myself and the members. I have become very fond of you all, and I will notice the gap you leave. I feel the decision is correct, and perhaps (if I may be so forthright) overdue, things have been too dry for too long. I would say directly to the owners a huge thank you for letting me share in their servers staffing. Members - I can say it has been great fun to have spent time online with you all, everyone has something interesting to say - if you invest the time in them to hear it. I won't single out individuals, but I have greatly enjoyed listening to your stories of life's drama ;)

We do but turn another page though, and the community will evolve...and that, friends, is what really matters.

I will no doubt, be saying goodbye to some, and just "speak to you later" to others, but regardless, I have enjoyed our time together,

Kindest regards,

Adam (Manic)

EPIC_Warrior likes this.
  16. Potato_Wings

Potato_Wings
    Expand Collapse
    Members

As of 2/16/18, I say farewell to you. Farewell! In hopes you find a better life, a happier life, a good life. I condemn myself to the Hellfire of the Earth(Algebra 2/Trig), in order to seek harmony and balance between ground and sky. This will not be my last, and I will hold true! For today, the Rapture approaches, and I find the anarchy in myself removed! Look for my coming, In the eye of the Fifth Storm! Ere you find yourself in my presence! Goodbye, faithful and faithless. Goodbye, friend and foe! To the next, I hope you find me in yourself. I will go to hell and back to reign triumphant once more! Cease and Desist! Bear your sacred arms! To the last! To the last man, woman, child! To the Last! I hope we travel into the grasps of Death as friends to the end! To the End of Times! Be wary, and fight for your Life! I now must depart, but I hold each and every one of you in my heavy heart, as the party disbands, one by one! Sky guard you 'till the very end!

In all realty, these have been the best and worst years of my life at the same time. Soon we'll be strangers in a strange new place. Searching for an old familiar face in the crowds. If I ever have the chance of meeting you again, I shall congratulate you on your location of me.

Best regards, Josh (P_W)

AndrewChicken likes this.
  17. Legacy_of_Madara

Legacy_of_Madara
    Expand Collapse
    Members

Taken Moments Before : https://imgur.com/s1HNsaA

18. RecklessGalaxy

RecklessGalaxy
    Expand Collapse
    Staff

In my defense... I was trying to get the duck head back without it burning up... because the ducks will live on!

EPIC_Warrior likes this.
  19. RecklessGalaxy

RecklessGalaxy
    Expand Collapse
    Staff

I'm gonna miss you guys so much! You're all friends and family to me! I'm gonna miss this server so much. Like... the time I dropped jaw into lava and there was invisible blocks on top of it... and the time I dropped Jaw waaaaay up in the sky.. an- I should probably pick another person to torment now. (Jk. Jaw be prepared. MUAHAAAHA!)

EPIC_Warrior likes this.
  20. Jweller

Jweller
    Expand Collapse
    Members

Uh Badger or Wolf I hereby submit a moderabbbuse claim against Moderator RecklessGalaxy.